Fabricator - Quality Control
APD - Revolutionising Water Management Solutions for the New Zealand environment
- Great company culture, quarterly BBQ's, birthday shout outs, and more!
- Permanent, full-time role, Monday to Friday, 6 am to 3.30 pm
- Quarterly performance bonus and doctors plan after 3 months
APD Ltd is a leading designer & manufacturer of Stormwater and Chemical Storage solutions for the NZ and Australian markets. We are a solutions-based business, providing products designed to deliver exactly what our customer needs. APD is an NZ owned company that has been providing high-quality solutions in plastics for over 35 years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Inspector, or an experienced Fabricator, wanting to take their career to the next level and grow and develop into our Quality Control Inspector.
In this role you will be responsible for the quality assurance and inspections of materials and products being produced in our factory, including the welding. This role is an extension of a fabricator, so the successful candidate will also be expected to assist with product fabrication.
This is a permanent position, full-time Monday to Friday 6:00 am - 3:30 pm based in Wiri . You may be asked to work overtime during busy periods.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Routine quality checks, visual and using a range of equipment
- Maintain quality records
- Communicate any quality issues to the supervisor
- Guide and motivate the team to ensure quality guidelines are followed
- Assist with product fabrication to produce high-quality components in accordance with specified processes
What we require from you:
- An understanding of quality standards
- At least 1-2 years' experience in a Quality Controller role
- Must be able to compare products to the final specifications
- Experience handling non-conformance
- Ability to read and understand manufacturing drawings
- Proficient in Excel and the ability to analyse data
- Must be physically fit, capable of lifting 25kg
- Hold a valid Forklift license (training will be given)
- Health & Safety Awareness
At APD, we care about you and your career. We have a strong team environment and will support you to learn and grow. We are a stable company and offer a competitive salary and work-life balance.
Only candidates who live in NZ, with current work rights, can be considered for this role.
Whilst this role closes on the 3rd of February, all applications will be reviewed from mid-January 2021