Production Planner and Purchaser
APD - Revolutionising Water Management Solutions for the New Zealand environment
- Great company culture, quarterly BBQ's, birthday shout outs, and more!
- Permanent, full-time role, Monday to Friday, between core hours of 7am to 4.30pm
- Quarterly performance bonus and doctors plan after 3 months
APD Ltd is a leading designer & manufacturer of Stormwater and Chemical Storage solutions for the NZ and Australian markets. We are a solutions-based business, providing products designed to deliver exactly what our customer needs. APD is an NZ owned company that has been providing high-quality solutions in plastics for over 35 years.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Production Planner and Purchaser, to join our growing team in Wiri.
In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and scheduling of production for our moulded components and finished products including detention tanks and chemical/bespoke tanks.
You will also:
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labour and equipment availability
- Manage production schedules to ensure that production deadlines and customer requirements are met
- Maintain raw material and products stock levels to supply production requirements
- Develop production forecasting metrics
- Purchase consumable products used in plant
- Recommend ways to improve production processes
You will need:
- Proven experience in production planning, scheduling and purchasing in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced level of competence in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with MYOB Advanced production module preferred
- Sound knowledge of material requirements planning (MRP) and related software preferred
- Ability to liaise with Operations Manager, Supervisors and Customer Services for scheduling of all production orders
At APD, we care about you and your career. We have a strong team environment and will support you to learn and grow. We are a stable company and offer a competitive salary and work-life balance.
Only candidates who live in NZ, with current work rights, can be considered for this role.
Whilst this role closes on the 4th of February, all applications will be reviewed from mid-January 2021